NEW BUSINESS STANDARDS FOR CORPORATE TV OFFERING
by Vincent Meddour
In the digital age corporations are in constant need of tools to access and distribute information.
Linear TV, Replay TV, or access video catalogs or personal recordings. More and more companies find themselves in need of these systems. They are also used more often.
The explosion of devices used (from tablets, mobile, PC, Smart TV’s to Set Top Boxes) has lead to new industry standards that demand content is broadcasted simultaneously in all different formats.
The same TV solution must now also be able broadcast live and on-demand TV content to:
- Television sets – through traditional protocols (Multicast) / Ethernet networks
- Personal devices – through HTTP protocols known as “OTT – Over The Top” / Wireless networks
Devices must now also include a wide variety of features. This includes:
- Customisable interfaces
- Linear television with additional language and channels
- Pausing live TV and afterwards returning to the original broadcast
- Recording options
- Services and information portals
- Personalised information
- Extensive video libraries organised by genre
- Access to internet videos
Centralised or in the Cloud?
Interactive solutions can be set to serve external locations through the company network. Each external location can be managed both independently and the main account.
Popular demands needs from corporations:
Different user groups, live TV, custom TV packages, encoding of internal sources, import / export of personal video content.
Last, but not least, TV use needs to be analysed in order to guarantee an optimal user experience in the future.